Sunday, February 26, 2012

How can I find information on a bank that owns a foreclosed home?

I've found several foreclosed homes in which I'm interested. Isigned up for an online service that implies that they can give you this info, but they can't. Is this information readily available at the county level, and if so, who would I contact?How can I find information on a bank that owns a foreclosed home?You can find out some basic information from the Assessor's Office for the city or town in which the real estate is situated. You can also find out such information as the price which the bank paid at foreclosure either at the relevant Registry of Deeds or online if there is a computerized data base maintained by a state or county agency which collects such information.



You could contact the assessor's office and/or the tax collector's office and/or the Register of Deeds for the county in which the real estate is situated. I'm sure any one of them can provide you with the information you need or point you in the right direction.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment