Sunday, February 26, 2012

What information do I need from my creditors to file bankruptcy?

I know that I need the names and addresses of my creditors. Do I need to know the exact amount that they claim I owe? Do I need to know the account numbers? Do I need to know the names and addresses of all of the collection agencies involved? If I can not obtian the names of the collection agencies, but the original creditor is included in the bankruptcy, does that wipe out the debt completely or do the collection agencies still have a right to persue? I can provide the names, addresses, and account numbers, but I do not know the exact amounts that I owe. I also do not have any information on the collection agencies. If I need this information, what is the best way to go about getting it? I considered writing letters, but I was advised not to alert my creditors of my intention to file as they might increase their efforts to collect. Please helpWhat information do I need from my creditors to file bankruptcy?You can get most of the information you need from your credit report. Account numbers, addresses, and amounts owed can be found on your credit report. It is basically irrevelvant if you have the amount owed exactly correct. If you are filing Chapter 7, it basically doesn't matter (there is no distribution of assets in most individual consumer filings). If you are filing Chapter 13, the creditors will be submiting Proof of Claims that state exactly what is owed.



You are entitled to one free credit report from each agency per year. annualcreditreport.com



Sometimes collection agencies do report, but not all do, so it is great if you have some bills from those collectors. However, as long as the original creditor is listed, collection agencies will NOT have the right to pursue that same debt.



It is also important to remember that if you have medical bills; local, small companies; or individuals you are indebted to, they will not usually be found on your credit report. You'll have to rely on your bills for those.



You may want to head to your county clerks office and check to see if you have any judgments pending against you.

All of these steps should ensure that you will compile a complete and correct listing of creditors.



Good Luck.What information do I need from my creditors to file bankruptcy?Thats why you keep a folder of all the bills you owe

or are late on



so when you do file you can list them all

by name account number amount owed



every bill even bills sent by collection agents for the same

bill from the original company



as your lawyer will send letters to all of them

to stop collection actions against you



you will need bank statements

and tax returns as well



info on the cars you own

as well as property land and homes you own

jewelry too



loans credit cards

stocks bonds



you must show it all





look up information and addresses

you don't know online

find the old bills old statements

have statements and bills sent to you

even from the collections people



do a credit report get the addresses and names

and amounts



Simple EASY

No comments:

Post a Comment