Sunday, February 26, 2012

How can I retrieve information entered into an expired web page?

I wrote a lot of information into a web page (a form with a text field), then accidentally clicked the back arrow in IE. When I clicked the forward arrow, the web page had expired. How can I get my info back?How can I retrieve information entered into an expired web page?When content expiration is enabled, the Web browser compares the current date to the expiration date to determine whether to display a cached page or request an updated page from the server. By default, all of the websites under 'Altiris', have content expiration set to "Expire Immediately". If you like, you can either disable, or lengthen this so that your browser isn't forced to retrieve the same page sooner than you would like.



Open the IIS Manager from Administrative Tools.

Browse down into the Default Web site %26gt; Altiris %26gt; NS.

Highlight the Altiris virtual website, right-click, and select Properties.

Click on the HTTP Headers tab.

Uncheck the option a€?Enable content expirationa€? (or set it to something other than immediately).

No comments:

Post a Comment