Monday, February 20, 2012

Where can I find information on sales tax in different states?

I'm trying to write a short paper on sales tax differences across states, and the reasoning behind it; but, I am having great difficulty finding per capita data on sales tax collected per state, and sales tax % per state. I have checked the Statistical Abstract of the US, and the IRS websites; yet, I can't seem to find the information there even though I feel it should be there. Can anyone assist? Thanks in advance.Where can I find information on sales tax in different states?Have you considered getting in touch with the state tax department of each state? IRS deals with FEDERAL taxes, not state taxes which is probably why you had not luck with the IRS.

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/tax_str鈥?/a>

this link has TONS of information on each states taxes.

I just googled state tax information by state.

No comments:

Post a Comment