Monday, January 30, 2012

Where can I find information for a scatter plot about the age of a car and it's value?

I have to do an algebra project about the value of a car and how it relates to the age of a car. I can't find information anywhere, and I would really appreciate the help.Where can I find information for a scatter plot about the age of a car and it's value?One approach would be to use data available from either edmunds.com or kbb.com. You want to plot age vs. value, so arbitrarily pick a car model that's been manufactured for several years.



Get the resale value for new, 2006, 2005, 2004.. etc.



Depending on the scope of the assignment, repeat this for several car models. If using several different models, either plot them as separate data sets, or plot all as one data set, but first convert the raw price to percentage of original MSRP (the percentage makes sense even if some of the cars were low priced when new, and some higher-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment