Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I find a good publisher without giving all of my information away?

I have finished a story and I really want to publish it. I've searched lots of websites that could help me find a publisher but every one of them tells me I have to give out all of my information. I don't want to get stalked by someone. Could someone help me out?How do I find a good publisher without giving all of my information away?If you're so afraid of being "stalked" then forget about publishing, period.



No one wants to stalk you. How do you expect to get paid for your work if the publisher doesn't have your information. They need to have all the details, including social security number, because your earnings have to be reported for IRS purposes. You need to give them the same information that you would give a job. If you don't want to then forget about being published. Plus, if they want to buy your story then how will they contact you without your name, e-mail, phone, or address? Don't be silly. It doesn't seem that publishing is for you - not until you get over your fear.



Also, the publisher isn't going to care too much, simply because they have thousands of "stories" from professional, adult writers who are willing to give that information. I don't know what kind of "story" you're trying to publish. Are you looking for magazines that publish short stories or novellas? Are you looking for a book publisher? If you're looking for a book publisher then you don't refer to a novel as a "story," that's the wrong terminology. What other words have you misused in your novel, if that's the case?How do I find a good publisher without giving all of my information away?2010 Writer's Market... available at Barnes %26amp; Noble, Border, Amazon, or whichever bookseller you prefer. It will be your best friend. And don't neglect the periodicals. Magazines are a great way to break into the short story arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment