Friday, January 27, 2012

If I wanted to become a CEO or a computer and information system manager, what kind of degress would I need?

I plan on getting a doctoral degree in business in information system and operation management, but I am also planning on getting a degree in computer science. Is it necessary to have both degrees, or just one? And what advantages would I have if I do get both degrees?If I wanted to become a CEO or a computer and information system manager, what kind of degress would I need?Former CEO of Microsoft Bill Gates didn't have a degree. Just smarts and ambition and some like-minded friends. He's also the richest guy in the world.If I wanted to become a CEO or a computer and information system manager, what kind of degress would I need?
Both degrees would be great. It shows you have more education in both fields where you can go anywhere with and be offered a better salary. Computer Science may not be what you need for that type of position. That is a very difficult degree to study. I'm not trying to discourage you from it.



Sounds like you would want something around the lines of Microsoft certifications. To get a doctoral degree you have to start from the bottom and work your way up in college. You start off by obtaining your Associates, then Bachelors, then Masters, and then finally your Doctorates. You can't just jump into a Doctoral degree first, college institutions will not allow that. That is how it always is even for myself in Criminal Justice in the order of obtaining degrees. You want to start with one degree focus then move on to the next. You overloading yourself like that will only cause stress and the possibility of dropping out as those are heavy case loads of course work part time or full time student. Most colleges don't have you working on more than one degree at the same time. I tried that myself and was not allowed to.

Start off with the business in information systems and operation management degree. I think it's more of a business management degree you are thinking of. They are two different degrees, information systems and business management. You need to figure out what it is you want first and go in order. Hope I helped.If I wanted to become a CEO or a computer and information system manager, what kind of degress would I need?Dear ?????



Wish you Merry Christmas and Happy holidays.



First - let me congratulate for your big dreams , and wish you all the best. Those who can dream - only they try and some one can achieve it.



1. Are Leaders born or made ? 50 -50 ; say.

2. To be CEO, you need to decide scope of work- Information system- technology is your choice.

3. You need to specialize and then to become a generalized. Your choice is Computer science- you know better- there are many sub branches.



Generalized means- Less information on more subjects - Like Marketing - Finance- General Administration- Local - Government laws, HDR and so on.



Good luckIf I wanted to become a CEO or a computer and information system manager, what kind of degress would I need?
I would think that to be a CEO, your degree in business in info. system and managment would suffice. A computer science degree would be beneficial if you want more of a technical background. Both of them will help you to have the business education as well as technical. You would definitely be in demand.If I wanted to become a CEO or a computer and information system manager, what kind of degress would I need?No, it is not necessary for dual degrees, but, experience couple with the two would be great for advancement and monetary gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment